Since 2006, we have led the effort to create opportunities for those in neglected and isolated areas in and around Mirebalais. For nearly a decade we have engaged in activities aimed at improving the educational outcomes of youth through teacher trainings, school meal programs, scholarships, social entrepreneurship and ad hoc projects such as school construction.
Core Values and Objectives
The following values reflect the standards, principles, and qualities that describe FATEM. They influence our decisions and ultimately guide our actions. These core values embody the essence of FATEM, and those who are inspired to be its members:
- INTEGRITY: We act constantly with FATEM's mission as our guide: to be honest and transparent in what we do and say, and accept responsibility for our collective and individual actions.
- COMMITMENT: We work together effectively to improve the livelihood of the community at large.
- EXCELLENCE: We constantly challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance to achieve the greatest impact.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: FATEM believes and adopts principles of accountability and zero tolerance to corruption.
- EMPOWERMENT: We foster inclusive growth and capacity building to create substantial participation of people in thinking and developing ideas for development solutions.
- INNOVATION: We add value to new ideas, translate creativity into practice and we are committed to finding a better way.
- FELLOWSHIP: We create a culture of sharing ideas, giving back and networking.
What We've Achieved
We currently support 15 schools in 9 communities.
In the course of our work we have:
- Awarded scholarships to 4000 students
- Trained 168 teachers
- Provided assistance to 225 households
- Constructed 2 schools
Board of Directors